I prefer to teach over 5 sessions, with 12.5 hours minimum tuition.
Self-hypnosis and deep relaxation are very effective tools. For you to be able use them when you are in labour is an acquired skill, that needs to be learned gradually in stages and practiced in between sessions. This ensures that you have the time to develop the conditioned responses that make HypnoBirthing so successful. There is no short cut, and this why we teach our course over 5 sessions.
Learning HypnoBirthing over a day or weekend does not work as effectively to absorb and remember the techniques. The brain and body memory have a limited learning capacity, especially in pregnancy! It is for this reason that HypnoBirthing is ideally taught most effectively in 4 or 5 sessions.
This course also allows the time to explore your feelings, relax with your partner and to resolve and release any anxieties that may arise. We like to work with you personally and to follow your progress, so that we can ensure that you are fully ready, relaxed and confident as you approach the birth of your baby.
HypnoBirthing was founded by Marie Mongan, is taught worldwide and has been in existence for over 20 years. It teaches how a natural birth unfolds. At the heart of this teaching is the principle that a relaxed birth is a rewarding birth. Simple but specific self-hypnosis, relaxation and breathing exercises are taught.
HypnoBirthing does not mean that you will be in a trance or asleep. Rather you will be able to chat and be in good spirits - totally relaxed and fully in control. You will always be aware during your birthing.
Some of what you will learn:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques give you confidence to birth your baby calmly and comfortably.
- Other techniques to produce a more comfortable labour
- How the bodies own natural anaesthesia works
- The integral role of the father / birthing companion
- How the mother's body is designed to work in Neuro muscular harmony with nature throughout labour
- Practice in deep relaxation during and in between uterine surges
- The importance if prenatal and perinatal bonding
My birthing experience was natural and exactly as I had planned and hoped for.
Leila thank you for bringing HypnoBirthing to me and for helping me have the birth I had hoped for.
Zeon in Reigate, Surrey